Source: Dubai – the Arab portal for technical news
The Restricted Mode feature on YouTube allows parents to block all videos that contain “violent or adult topics” that children who use your computer, tablet or smartphone should not watch.
How do you enable YouTube restriction mode when children use your device?
When activating (Restricted Mode) on a computer or smartphone application, the change will be in the device itself only, and then you must log in to every other device or browser individually to activate the feature.
First: In a computer web browser:
• Go to YouTube in the computer’s web browser, and then log in with your Google account.
• Click on your profile picture at the top right of the screen.
• From the drop-down menu, click on (Restricted Mode).
• In the dialog box that appears on the screen, press the adjacent switch button to enable it.
Second: On the phone or tablet:
• Go to the YouTube app on your phone.
• After logging in to your account; Click on the profile picture in the top-right corner of the screen.
• Click on “Settings”, then from the drop-down menu select “General”.
• Enable Restricted Mode by pressing the switch next to it.
Note: For iPhone or iPad users, you will find the feature activation key between the (Dark Mode) and Play HD On Wi-Fi Only options, to activate the feature press the toggle switch.
It is worth noting that you can bypass (Restricted Mode) on the phone and create a safer YouTube experience for the child, by installing the YouTube Kids app that includes an unlimited number of great videos for children, whether (Cartoons) Educational videos, or other kid-friendly clips.
Through your Google Account, you can customize specific accounts in the application via the “Settings” tab to restrict access to certain videos, allow only viewing previously approved videos, and activate other options, such as: screen usage time, and others.